Monday, October 6, 2008

Alnif to Tazzarine

After the over priced supper, my new acquaintances and I continue to chat. It's after ten and we all decide to turn in making arrangements to meet the next day again in the town of Tazzarine.
Isabelle and Christian prefer to leave early in the morning as their recumbents have to haul quite a lot of equipment. They plan to stay much longer in Morocco than I do. By the following morning I'm on my way and I have a very short distance to cover, only 65km. The morning is a little crisp and the road is in a good condition even though it is a secondary road.
On my way I meet another couple who are also touring and they are on their way to Alnif. The Dutch couple, Christine and Gerrit are using a tandem with a bob(pull along cart attached to the bike). We spend some chatting before the question arises where are you from? "We live in, wait for it .....Apeldoorn !What are the chances that I would meet a Dutch couple cycling in Morocco who happen to live in the same place as my dear friends Ineke and Rene ! We say our goodbyes and best wishes exchange emails.

Ten km more to go and Tazzarine appears it's only 10h30. I find a hotel easily, the only one and I settle in for day.

5 comments:

arlette said...

Hi Eugene

Starting to look like the locals too.........nice photo.

It must be great meeting up with other cyclists. I'm sure you have many experiences to share. Must be a drag having to haul a bob along especially going up the hills.

aos said...

hallo eugene,

you look a desert man with this scarff ,i hope you are well ,thanks for the reply .
really i always visit your website cause iam curious to know where you are ,also because i like your itinerary and your writings as well. tell me did you pass to Merzouga or not?
i wish the best for you ,hopefully to hear soon from you.take care.
your freind
FARID

Ineke said...

Hi Eugene
Well, as you've experienced, lots of nice people in Apeldoorn. Another reason for you to come to Europe and visit us! We still think travelling by Dubai to get to Morocco was pretty weird.
You almost look like a genuine Arabic on your picture. The scarf becomes you!
I'm glad we agree on that, Arlette!
Well Eugene, I'm sure you have a wonderful time and glad you enjoy your "short rides"of 65km.
What temperature should we think of when you mention the heat?
Keep cycling.
Ineke and René

Ricky said...

Eugene

Love the scarf and colour too!
If I didn't know better, I would swear that it was a picture of the locals :-)

How many other "mad cyclists" are there out there? Is there some sort of convention taking place :-)

Happy to see that you are still enjoying yourself. Don't forget the recipies of the local food!

Richard

Cristien said...

Hi Eugene,

The rest of our trip was very nice, we enjoyed Morocco ! It was fun meeting you. If you ever visit Ineke and Rene in Apeldoorn, let us know!

And to Arlette, it's no drag hauling a "bob", actually you don't notice it...... it just followes.

Greetz,
Gerrit & Cristien